Skip to main content

THE INTRO:I.





UNSETTLED.My mind,that is.
Yes that's it.But not in the 'mentally disturbed',or 'troubled' as the "ever-defining" system puts it .
Delinquent,perhaps is what comes to mind. I'm i your well put together,model citizen?You know your friendly,average neighbor or neighbor's kid given my years?Probably not what would be written in the papers if i ever ran for office.
Now let's look at that description,shall we?
'Well put together' show me a kid my age who is,anyway you'll come to realize that's a paradox,at least in reference to me.
.'Model citizen' well, i'm barely a year being legal but so far,so good.'Friendly' well man(the raging feminist in me is slowly accepting this term in reference to both sexes,though she questions the difficulty of typing he and she and putting a forward slash in between).
 I can be described as having a never-ending urge more like an itch,you know the kind described in Murphy's unwritten laws. A feisty unreachable itch to deviate from the subject matter.
How about we continue to nitpick those descriptive words?Yes?yes.As  i was saying 'Friendly' well, man is generally described to be a social creature. So i guess i can add that to my C.V.
'Average'AVERAGE,AVERAGE. The term itself rattles me.No thank you. I would most definitely not describe myself as average.At 19 years I've lived in 3 different countries.Pretty impressive,huh? or not.I guess that depends on the number of stamps on your passport.And how many languages do i speak.Well that's the disclaimer.Three but depending on who's asking i can make out a basic German convo. Three languages.I'm being a bit too modest,aren't i? Not really.Yet another disclaimer.Two of which were imposed during my years in  learning institutions.I'm still in school though,in case you're wondering.Mainly under the 8-4-4 system of education so 'sacred' or is it 'hallowed' that the human language is too deficient in vocabulary to describe it. I'm not such a fan. Einstein perfectly sums up the whole idea behind that particular system of education "Judging the ability of a fish to climb up a tree". Sums it up quite nicely actually.
Brief but witty words make me happy to be alive.They explain so much in so little.They're magical and seem to know me at times even more than i know myself. I suppose i collect them,  just as art-collectors take pride in storing great works(or blobs of paint seen by the trained eye to be works of pure genius and the rest of us 'common folk' as just that, blobs of paint). I loved that guy.Einstein.Believe me,theory of relativity pure genius,but it's something greater than that 'defying common perception' i guess,his non-conventional mindset that led him to achieving greatness. He is described to not having being agreeable to authority and even wrote that "the spirit of learning and creativity were lost in rote learning". At least in his early years.Not your classic geek huh?

Exactly,I believe people are much more than we perceive them to be.No one is technically your classic 'anything'.Exactly why labels only befit soup cans. That limitless capacity depicted in 'Lucy' the movie. 'Lucy' played ever so graciously and skillfully by Scarlett Johansson attempts to answer "What if humans were able to utilize the unknown and untapped potential within" or as in religion "Individuals were to become all they were created to be".Maslow  popularised the term "self-actualization" something very few achieve. It gives a whole new meaning there's more to 'it' than meets the eye. The quote on the left-hand side of the page neatly sums up my unsettled mind and how it is filled with beautiful and not destructive chaos.A raging fire of endless,thoughts,questions in which my mind is constantly consumed and my heart dances in flames of excitement. Viewing the world as one who is within,yet without(One of the greatest movie quotes from the 2012 box office sensation"The Great Gatsby").

Unsettled.Not satisfied with the ordinary.With the average.With conformity nor with conventional.Different ah! yes that i am.That unsettled mind that challenged the greats not to settle for a life that is less than that which they were destined for.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I STIR.

I ran into this girl,she said" why you always blaming?" "Why can't you just face it?" .............. "Why you always talking shit,always be complaining? "Why you always gotta be,why you always gotta be so mad?                I got alot to be mad about. ↠ Solange(MAD) Here's the thing I'm hangover. And not the good kind and you're probably wondering is there really a good kind of hangover? Well yes, yes there is There's the kind of hangover after one of those blissful nights. You know the kind that you wake up with that bloody blissful nostalgia of the heightened emotions , the free existing , the lights , the laughter . The taste of liquor still racing around on your tongue and his scent lingering around you like a bad yet thrilling dream. I'm the bad kind of hangover though, You know when you wake and it's like there's a ton of bricks weighing down on your head and you feel sick, si

THE F WORD

    Sure you can buy me a drink,    I'm a feminist honey,not an idiot.        Well,aren't you feisty, lady problems?    Yea,the wage gap. The F word .You must be thinking I'm about to unveil my plan for female world domination or go on about the forthcoming extinction of men. I hate to be such a let down, and not live up to the Feminazi image our delightful patriarchal society has created for you. You know the I hate men,                        I don't shave my legs,                        I have an incurable broken heart.                        Marriage is a form of female oppression.                        Flattery disgusts me and I despise any form of femininity that is displayed to make him feel more masculine. And I'm on the streets burning barbie dolls as they are the alters used to preach to little girls the ideology that 'girls are to be seen and not heard' And I discredit every movie where the lead is male even though the justific

LIBERTAS.

I've missed this, I've missed us . It's been a while, I miss our little talks and I should tell you,I'm not at home, Physically. I know,I know I've taught you to read deep into everything I say. I want to tell you, I hope to retire as a travel writer someday God-willing, but you should know that, by now. A travel writer,  and later live in the mountains as some sort of  philosopher who documents on the revelations of enlightenment. In my quieter years. I want to tell you that school is the same, soulless and lifeless and hamsters on a wheel. I know you're reading this and laughing. All the same I'm greatful for the strides. and draw comfort from the knowledge that it is He who orders my steps and my being here is a step in the fulfillment of my personal legacy. Yes,yes.I finally read the Alchemist and it was beautiful. I'm greatful for the strides overly,utterly indebted for the strides and the light bearers