Skip to main content

LOVE IS A VINYL RECORD.

It's been a while since I held a book in my arms,
An actual hard copy,
It's been a while
since my fingers have creased pages,
since my thoughts have curled up on the blank spaces
between chapters.

I'm experiencing withdrawal,
and it's coming in the form of jerky neck reflexes
Every time I see a book stand.

I miss my boarding pass bookmarks,
I miss turning the pages
And I miss the mini-debate in my head,
deciding whether it's a good idea to highlight
the words/sentences/ideas I love the most.
There's an element of personality it gives it
but then again there's an eternal feel to a book with only words.

For person(s)
so eager to buy me drinks,
I'll send you a copy of my reading list.

If I was to put up dedications for this post,
and I have put thought into this unlike some of my words,
It would have to be
to my darling Julie.
And my kindred-writer-soul friend,Diggie.

I just feel that there's something about what I want to share
That they'll really understand,like really.
And that's a beautiful thing,
see everyone in your life
reflects a part of you,

that's the thing with "soulmates 
you'll have more than one in life,
different ones for different things,
the romantic one being only one aspect of this notion."

And as I thought of this,
I thought of them,
And that's a beautiful thing.

I am celebrating this week,
I'm freaking celebrating.

I made a new friend,this week
and sunflowers are her signature emoji too.

I bettered a warped friendship,
over a berry cosmo,a cupcake,
coconut oil and twistouts.

And yes I finally found a drink,I can stick with.
Super excited about this,by the way.
If only you could 'read' tone.

I deleted my insta app,
because right now,I'm focused on me,mine and my goals,
and you being 'à l'étranger' doesn't add to that,
neither does what/where you eat,your closet etc
I made peace with the hypocrisy in this statement.

Nayyirah Waheed,
talks about sitting cross-legged with your fears
giving them an audience,hearing them out.
I feel it's wise to do that with your flaws too,
to understand what they are trying to communicate.

I hoped for my insta page,
to be a safekeep of memories,
a mark of the passing times,
and the messages a source of social uplifting
a bio of my personal beliefs.

See I believe there ain't no blessing,in misusing your influence
no matter how small or insignificant you think your following is.
Social media is a powerful tool,
We've given it the power to create or destroy.
A power we need to start putting checks and balances on.

The thing is,
It doesn't give me much peace,
except for my seeing the people I care about living their best life,
My insta-poets,the creatives
The Shade room,IamZoie,
the beacons of social change 
and the champions of inner wellness 
and those who celebrating the little things 
in a world that's always chasing bigger and better. 
It doesn't give me much peace.

And the fact that I'm subliminally a slave,
to checking my feed every time I'm unoccupied
doesn't or didn't give me much peace either.
And this was a problem,
so here we are on my couple of days,
social media- free try out.
Or rather insta- free try out.

Social media is an interesting concept,
Exploring the idea of psychological manipulation
we call 'click bait,
the vast use of imagery to create what's socially appealing, 
and giving insight on the impact images/statements originating from others have on our thought processes and emotions.
It's a social revolution.


A happy home for comparison,self-doubt,decorated insecurity
a shrine for all the inner ugly to grow,thrive,diversify and mutate.

And don't get me wrong,
We take what we want from it,like all things
but I think it does more harm than good,
it has subtly become a necessity,an influencer of mood,and in the day and age of liberation it seems to be pushing us into differently labeled boxes.

And though in some ways we're reminded of who we are,and we're celebrating and honoring our journey so often we're reminded where we fall short and it isn't based on things that hold weight in the bigger picture.
In my opinion,
It's making us petty
How we view life,how we view others,how we view ourselves.
Narrowing our vision.
There's way more to life,to people,to us.


So aside from social media,
in the world we live in 
there's a seemingly giant huge freaking red sign,
at every turn reminding us what us not.
Casting doubt to our capability,
Invalidating our journey,our achievements.

Therefore reminding yourself who you are,
where you've come from,
and that the only way you're leveling is up
is an absolute priority.

For me,other than my mantras
I remind myself of the things I love,
better yet,what love is to me
what embodies my happy,what embodies my peace,
what fills my soul with light.
The people,the places,the ideas.

So,
what is love to me?
Love is lemonade,mildly sweetened,
Love is pastry,
Love is mexican food
because I could live of beans,
and any mushy mess wraped  in anything made of flour.

Love is rock and roll,
Love is that snazzy beat ringing of  a past time,
love is 'the classic diner theme'
Love is a jukebox,Love is a vinyl record.
Love is a gramophone.
love is history.


Love is indie folk
love is Florence and the Machines
love is Of Monsters and Men.
love is hip hop
Love is Chance the rapper.
Love is Forest Hills Drive,
love is soul,
Love is Tracy Chapman
Love is a seat at the Table.
Love is Indie Arie.
Love is 80's pop
Love is Cindy Lauper
Love is Pat Benatar.
haha,love is a battlefield.


Love is a rooftop party in downtown Manhattan,
with string lights and lanterns,
and that mellow music you could live to,
with a bunch of free spirits celebrating life and love and coming together.
Movie reference;'Set it Up'

Love is film.
Love is accurate,we;;-applied movie references.

Love is a roadtrip,where we only stop when the gas runs out.
Love is spinning a globe and picking out a destination.
Love is different time zones.
Love is a life collecting souvenirs with the ones I love.

Love is one of those small town bars on new year's eve,
everyone singing along to The Pogues 'A fairytale of New York'
Love is fireworks.
Love is sunset,and the warm glow it casts on everything it touches.
Love is old classics.

Love is the adventures of Saoirse Ronan,in Gallway girl
my idea of a perfect night.

Love is family,
Love is peace in Christ,
belonging, spirituality
Love is gratitude
Love is alignment with a higher purpose.
Love is living beyond and besides yourself
loving yourself and loving others.


Love is chicken wings,
in a shit load of barbecue sauce.
Love is cashew nuts,
love is whole food,
love is fresh and organic 
love is good for the soul
Love is a face mask,
Love is a soul to soul connection.
Love is running into an old friend.

Love is the sense of a fresh start
that a new day,new week,new year brings.
Love is my favorite tv shows.
Love is mustard,
love is slate grey,
love is copper
Love is pinterest
love is finding that perfect angle
love is views,amazing,breathtaking views.

Love is a great read,
love is an overly relatable character 
Love is some kick-ass word play
Love is a day with no timely constraints,
love is learning new cultures,
love is a love song.

Love is focusing on the little things,
inspiring change and dreams and hope and love wherever you are
whatever your doing
Love is the fulfillment you get after an honest day's work,


love is healing,
love is kindness,
Love is journeying together in the strife,
in picking each other up when we're down

Love is being still in a moving world,
Love is listening to the stuff people don't say
Love is being dissatisfied with 'I'm good' as a response
Love is losing the dead weight
love is silence in anger
Love is not giving air play to the negative,
making peace with the fact that not everyone vibrates on our frequency
Love is defending your peace,and thy aura
Love is focusing inward but still being conscious of those around us

Love is joy,
love is peace.

And what about the days when the sun don't shine,
Like I said in my previous post,
for a species,celebrated for it's intellect,
Memory being a part of that,
It's amusing what the human mind can forget,
Forget.
Obliterate.Ignore.
How one thing can ruin an otherwise amazing day,
and we dwell on that thing,and dwell on it
and over analyze it
and it takes over our conversations,our mood,our interaction with others
and even though it never really is one thing,that stops our happy truck
We're always hell bent on the shitt storms,
instead of the glory of life around us,
The glory of life within us
Our spectacular that's far greater than where we fall short.

Speaking of where we fall short and things that amuse me
I'm constantly baffled by the idea that in a world where everybody has flaws,
flaws are still a focus-point.
We still give a shitt and highlight something everybody has.

Focusing on the Shitt storms,
needs to stop being our M.O Modus Operandi
(Love to the mouth-breather(Stranger things is love) who taught me this)
(Parenthesis in Parenthesis because grammar limits free thought)

Focusing on shitt winds and storms
Instead of the Grace that got us through,the days we never thought we'd get through
and the renewed hope that keeps us keeping on.

We forget that "We are all broken,but that's how the light gets in"


The Law of attraction;
what you think you become,
what you dwell on,you attract.
The power of your thoughts
You dwell on love,you draw love into your life
You draw life,you draw peace
Take a minute,think of everything that makes you happy to be alive
Remind yourself everyday.
Dwell on that.

Loving is always a prettier way of living.
-The Pacified Soul









Comments

Unknown said…
I am constantly enamored by your art!The most soulful profusion.
Unknown said…
Thank you love.Bless you heart

Popular posts from this blog

I STIR.

I ran into this girl,she said" why you always blaming?" "Why can't you just face it?" .............. "Why you always talking shit,always be complaining? "Why you always gotta be,why you always gotta be so mad?                I got alot to be mad about. ↠ Solange(MAD) Here's the thing I'm hangover. And not the good kind and you're probably wondering is there really a good kind of hangover? Well yes, yes there is There's the kind of hangover after one of those blissful nights. You know the kind that you wake up with that bloody blissful nostalgia of the heightened emotions , the free existing , the lights , the laughter . The taste of liquor still racing around on your tongue and his scent lingering around you like a bad yet thrilling dream. I'm the bad kind of hangover though, You know when you wake and it's like there's a ton of bricks weighing down on your head and you feel sick, si

GREY IS A COLOUR CHART.

" Tell me the truth of you all the messed up muddled truth and I will tell you mine and we can be forever  the secret keepers of each other's real" -Atticus. I love this. The honesty, The raw,refreshing honesty, the raw refreshing honesty of an honest conversation. "I like people on the table,open" I like myself,on the table, open and my favorite people Heck my favorite things are ranked based on the level of vulnerability they allow me to relish in. How comfortable they are when my flower is in full bloom. I like people,raw and honest I like myself,raw and honest. That Ella Mai 'naked'. I like people I like myself, "Seeing what's lost behind flaws" Bless her heart for creating a video aimed at promoting body positivity and social change. Honesty,vulnerability as undeniable as chemistry , Chemistry, because it isn't something that can be hidden or faked. It is something the body,heart and soul kno

LIBERTAS.

I've missed this, I've missed us . It's been a while, I miss our little talks and I should tell you,I'm not at home, Physically. I know,I know I've taught you to read deep into everything I say. I want to tell you, I hope to retire as a travel writer someday God-willing, but you should know that, by now. A travel writer,  and later live in the mountains as some sort of  philosopher who documents on the revelations of enlightenment. In my quieter years. I want to tell you that school is the same, soulless and lifeless and hamsters on a wheel. I know you're reading this and laughing. All the same I'm greatful for the strides. and draw comfort from the knowledge that it is He who orders my steps and my being here is a step in the fulfillment of my personal legacy. Yes,yes.I finally read the Alchemist and it was beautiful. I'm greatful for the strides overly,utterly indebted for the strides and the light bearers