Skip to main content

THE F WORD

    Sure you can buy me a drink,
   I'm a feminist honey,not an idiot.
   
   Well,aren't you feisty,lady problems?
   Yea,the wage gap.

The F word.You must be thinking I'm about to unveil my plan for female world domination or go on about the forthcoming extinction of men.
I hate to be such a let down,
and not live up to the Feminazi image our delightful patriarchal society has created for you.

You know the I hate men,
                       I don't shave my legs,
                       I have an incurable broken heart.
                       Marriage is a form of female oppression.
                       Flattery disgusts me and I despise any form of femininity that is displayed to make him feel more masculine.
And I'm on the streets burning barbie dolls as they are the alters used to preach to little girls the ideology that 'girls are to be seen and not heard'
And I discredit every movie where the lead is male even though the justification is historical.
Like I said,I'm really sorry to disappoint you.

I'm a feminist.
Emma Watson,Angelina Jolie,Beyonce,Rihanna.
Not the images patriarchal media wants to display of feminists.
Nope,they'd rather give you the bitter,shriveled brute who struck out on love and now damns the existence of man.And let's not forget the butch and the classic loner who lives with cats.

Patriarchy,
Isn't it rich.

I'm nothing like that,
 well an uneven marriage is a means of economic oppression in society,but that swings both ways(gender-wise) and then again marriage is a willful contract.
and the barbie thing has some truth to it.But then again,barbie has all these jobs,there's the police barbie,the doctor barbie,the vet,the marine scientist and so forth.While Ken is just an accessory.It could be argued she's a feminist too (and a radical one at that)

So anyway,yes I'm a disappointment to the stereotypical view of who or what a feminist is.
Society's got you thinking that,
we're just a bunch of angry,deluded girls right?

It's got you thinking that the opposite of feminist is a male chauvinist,wait forget the chauvinist part.The opposite of a feminist is male.Girls and women are too scared to be identified with the term,coz they'll seem too radical,and no guy wants a crazy one,right?


Well I'll let you in on one thing,
I'm the girl you were probably warned about by some patriarchal dark knight.Your ignorant friend or posy,older generations who intended to maintain the 'balance' supposedly established by patriarchy a gentler term for male domination.Fox.Or any other misguided source.

I'm opinionated,very opinionated.
I don't back down easily from an argument and don't give me the pleasure of handing me your shriveled ego to safeguard.You know the kind of stunted male ego that needs baseless praises to serve as a pillar to keep it up.The kind that needs constant feeding and pampering.
I won't laugh, if you're not funny,
I won't fiddle with my hemlines and cower in your presence.
and I most certainly won't dumb myself down, for you to feel you've hiked up the I.Q chart.
Oh,and I know you don't breath colored air or shitt strawberries and I've never really been good at pretending.

I was the little girl,who was taught she could breath fire.

Don't be too scared,
On most days I'm charming.
and sarcastic.Focus on charming.


I certainly can't take all the credit though,
I'm often surrounded or have had the pleasure of meeting,
equally charming men,who disagree with me based on the merits and demerits of my view on an argument and not merely because they have a reflex distaste for any girl with any opinion that distinguishes her from a doormat.

They understand as a human,I have cloudy days and don't assume it's always that time of the month.After all women have ruled kingdoms and spat at patriarchy with their achievements,it would be tragic to use this natural,universal monthly phenomenon as an excuse to rain on anyone else's parade.

They feel secure in their masculine shells and the inner ethos that make them men.They have no use of childish flattery,a lady who doesn't have a mind of her own or the need to undermine certain perspectives to feel elevated or suppress women or effeminate men to feel or be perceived as more manly.Bless their souls.

Man,manly.
Words with such a skewed definition in society.
The saddest part is that it is the skewed definitions that most guys seek ,in order to wear it as a badge of honor. A badge bestowed by their ignorant,misogynistic hollow friends who equally seek it.A badge that should be tended to and polished by anything in heels.


"I thought I was a man by taking care of my family as my father did,and ensuring my beautiful mother and baby sister have everything on this planet that they need and If I have it, everything that they want.What's mine is theirs.
I thought I was a man because of my drive and my dignity and the respect I have for others and the fact that I keep my house in order.and I make my own legal money.And I'm a leader not a follower."
-Edward L.Melvin III,
In response to a statement made about his sexual orientation which supposedly deemed him 'unmanly'.

It's beautiful,so 'proper',so graceful,so knightly,such candor
They should have it played in the streets
and have patriarchy rattling in it's ivory tower.

But that isn't the badge of honor some of the misguided men-folk seek.
That isn't the view of 'man,manly,masculinity' you hear in those distasteful rap bars from the ignorant and dull-witted rappers.We mustn't judge them too harshly,music for them has nothing to do with the message it's all in selling records.It's capitalism and 'the man eat man society'.

Being a man is: more about the jars of hearts you display at the doorstep that echo the number of girls who you supposedly blessed with whatever it is you think you posses that is God's gift to womankind.

Or how women swoon at your sight.
Or the car you drive.
Or the clothes you wear.
Or how your physique towers above others and how your voice is the deepest and is always loudest in  an argument.
Or how you've tamed your bitch.and she knows better than to speak against you in public.
Or how you're the embodiment of logic,of intellect and use this to undermine everyone else's perspective.
Or how you're the poster boy for blues and greys and how you wouldn't be caught dead in anything regarded as feminine.
Or how opinionated women, effeminate men,or gay or trans-men are your verbal punchbags.
Or how you justify your lack of commitment emotional detachment,aggressiveness with tradition or testosterone.
Or how you brag that chivalry is for bitch ass niggas.

   And you dazzle in your narcissism as patriarchy and your ignorant like-minded friends and relations pat your back.
Kudos,my wayward and retrogressive brother,
over a thousand years later and you haven't evolved.

See that's the sad thing about it all
2016 and people still think like cavemen.

That an ambitious,aggressive,less-feminine,less dainty,opinionated,loud is frowned upon.

Patriarchy wants them dainty,pretty,fragile,emotionally dependent
-Have ambition but not too much 
 Otherwise you will intimidate the man.

And so we try to change,
we try to be softer
                  prettier,
                  less volatile,
                  less awake.

It's all for them but they hardly notice.
They're probably reading this and thinking,
I'm not talking about them.
-But you haven't the slightest idea about the number of women in your life who hold their tongues to preserve your ego.

Ignorance, one of the most disgusting elements embedded in society,
How are we so ignorant when everything about anything is a click away?the greatest irony we have today.
Ignorant atheists,they call themselves atheists and haven't the slightest clue what it means and how it differs from pagan.Ignorant religious fanatics who seek only religion and not spirituality.
Ignorance is a social disease,one we aren't bothered about enough to find the cure.

I'm a feminist.
but because I am pro-woman,I must be anti-man.

Ego.Despite being,-The conscious mind,the part of your identity that you consider your "self'' -
 It is something only associated with men.Entitled to men.How many times have I been told that "Don't be mad,you know guys and their ego".
Female ego,
It sounds odd,doesn't it.
My point exactly.

I'll overlook for a minute, being demeaned and considered as an illogical non-human entity,as after all I'm not entitled to an 'ego' something inherent to all of us just by virtue of being human.
But please don't use 'the male ego',or testosterone as a justification to any of your shortcomings and don't expect me to tone down to accommodate your 'birthright'



Misogynist: MALE  > FEMALE
Misandrist: FEMALE > MALE
 Feminist:   FEMALE = MALE
Kindly act educated.

I'm a firecracker alright,
but you wouldn't have me any other way.

So you can blame the misandrists for planning world domination and the extinction of men and your misogynists for the gender-based wage gap.

The ignorant,
To whom feminism agendas and ideals do not concern,

You're not outright crusaders of bigotry are you,
but feminism is too unsettling for your taste buds,
besides the misogynists and sexists died long ago,
And there's equality.And the world's a happy place full of sunshine and rainbows.

"We should all be feminists"
-Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,
No one says it better,

We need feminism because,
We live in a society where we ask women more about their husbands or partners than their jobs,
where 'what makes me unlady-like' is what makes a man 'ideal',
We need feminism because
Bad bitch is not a complement
'what she was wearing' shouldn't be considered in a rape case,and
Masculinity is not a measure of worth.

We need feminism because for every girl who is tired of acting weak when she is strong,there is a boy tired of appearing strong when he feels vulnerable.
And for every girl who is tired of being called oversensitive,there is a boy who fears to be gentle,and to weep.

We need feminism,because it's easy to ignore sexism especially when it's in our favor.

There's nothing radical,about the notion of equality.
We should all be feminists.

And to the girls,who make themselves softer,less-volatile,less-awake.
In his honour,you know
'The cool girls'.
Men(Misogynists) always say that as the defining complement,don't they?
Being the cool girl,means I'm a hot,brilliant,funny woman who adores football,poker,dirty jokes and burping,who plays video games,drinks cheap beer.........
Jams hotdogs and hamburgers into her mouth.....while somewhat maintaining a size 2.
Because cool girls are above all hot.
Hot and understanding.
Cool girls never get angry;they only smile in a chagrined loving manner and let their men do whatever they want
Go ahead shitt on me,I don't mind
I'M THE COOL GIRL.

Men actually think this girl exists because many are willing to pretend to be this girl.

-Gone girl,Gillian Flynn.


You'll lose your soul,lovely.
Game,adore football,jam hot dogs and hamburgers in your mouth by all means but do it for you because it certainly won't keep him if he doesn't want to be kept.Don't allow him or gender to prescribe what you should be.

Too many girls live to be the cool girl,
Too many people are afraid to be identified as/with feminists 
and call out sexism and misogyny and misandry.

Girls don't want to be considered strong-willed or opinionated or head-strong.
Intelligent is an image they don't want to sell,they'd rather dumb themselves down.
Misogyny isn't the only thing that rattles feminism,there's the cool girls and the ignorant who feel feminism isn't their struggle.There's the girls who never talk out of line,a line drawn by patriarchy. There's the people who believe boys shouldn't show emotion or vulnerability,or that boys and girls should be treated equally,except when girls are treated better.

I'm no perfect feminist,
I swing between subtle misandry and perpetuating patriarchy at times.
But ultimately,
I'm not angry
I am awake,
And lipstick is my war paint.





























Comments

Unknown said…
Wonnderful piece that hits the nail on the head. People need to know that when I say I'm a feminist it does not translate to crazy deluded b****... Can't wait to read more of your posts
Wambui Kariuki said…
Thank you lovely,I was tired of the ignorance and stereotyping.People talking so much about an issue they know so little of.I appreciate the support and I apologize for not responding in time.

Popular posts from this blog

LIVE FOR THE SUBPLOTS

     Ah! but what is life without that faint yet irresistible and somewhat unexpected taste of cinnamon in what you thought was your ordinary cup of white tea.Life's little perks,hey. I recently watched the season finale of ABC's hit series" How to get away with murder" and i must say I was speechless.Well that's a bit of an overstatement considering i never run out of stuff to say.I'm what people describe as opinionated,'a firecracker' to the classic chauvinist.Regardless,it was nothing short of amazing,but then again what else would one expect given that the show's executive producers were also the ingenious masterminds behind Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. Needless to say(and no,Golly! I haven't been watching Downtown Abbey) the show exuded originality,brilliant casting and writing. But that wasn't why it was such an unforgettable watch.Why i loved it? THE SUBPLOTS(and Viola Davis is freaking awesome). I think the age-old recip

LIBERTAS.

I've missed this, I've missed us . It's been a while, I miss our little talks and I should tell you,I'm not at home, Physically. I know,I know I've taught you to read deep into everything I say. I want to tell you, I hope to retire as a travel writer someday God-willing, but you should know that, by now. A travel writer,  and later live in the mountains as some sort of  philosopher who documents on the revelations of enlightenment. In my quieter years. I want to tell you that school is the same, soulless and lifeless and hamsters on a wheel. I know you're reading this and laughing. All the same I'm greatful for the strides. and draw comfort from the knowledge that it is He who orders my steps and my being here is a step in the fulfillment of my personal legacy. Yes,yes.I finally read the Alchemist and it was beautiful. I'm greatful for the strides overly,utterly indebted for the strides and the light bearers