Skip to main content

TWO POINT ZERO

"Human beings are a puzzle of wants,
You must become the missing piece
And they will tell you anything
~Red Sparrow.

You should check out the trailer.
My consistent use of  the word 'should'
You'll have to forgive me, I'm a recovering control freak
and growth is never linear.

I've come to love how I look at 5'oclock in the morning.
After a heavy night
In the arms of someone
well, in arms I shouldn't have been in.

I've come to learn that
I'm a 'star-crossed lover at heart'
Always falling for those I supposedly "shouldn't".

I've come to love how I look at 5'oclock in the morning,
After a night out
And my lipstick is all smudged,
And my eyes are puffy
under the weight of fading eye shadow and no sleep.

I've come to love that I am awakened by moonlight
As if my blood is a tide, pulled in after sunset.

That I live for the midnight flings,
Stuffed with mystery and passion.

I've come to learn that I'm not one for daytime romance
That lunch and dinner dates and late night movies
And hand -holding
aren't things that come to me naturally.


I marvel at the idea of human interaction,
no,
in fact
"I crave the depth of mutual human understanding
but tire easily in social situations"

 I've come to love that I'm atypical
in more ways than one
as if I repel normal
It has fashioned both

who
I am and who I am not,
but more so it will fashion
who I am becoming.


I've come to love
that I'm what I like to call a content loner,

it amplifies the 'tortured artist' look I'm going for

 Tortured by virtue of being an
"open book in a culture that doesn't read"

Tortured by feeling things too deeply or too little
And the inability to find a middle ground
being an obstacle in most typical human relationships.

Because that's always it,
That's the deal-breaker right?
It didn't work out because,
You either felt too little or too much.
You either did too little or too much.

You often don't win with humans,
Or at least there is no clear cut win,
I guess that's why they invented compromise.

There's no 'clear cut' anything,really
We're all sort of floating around
Tethered only to our own definition of 'purpose'

I've come to love the days when I'm laden with ambition,
ambition and will
 and I fawn over the possibility
of post-graduate Ivy league prospects
and a lifetime of accolades and laureates
 "Because men suffer more from imagining too little than too much"
-Pt.Barnum.
The Greatest Showman.

But most importantly I've come to love these days
just as much as the days that, 
My greatest ambition is to perfectly flip over an omelette
without it splitting into awkward little pieces.
The big tee, no pants kind of days.
when my foresight is clouded by the smell of over -worn pajamas
and I have only the will to exist.

"I've comes to love the sound of my feet walking away from that which no longer brings me peace"

I've learnt to let people in through a revolving door,
Holding no one captive to stay in,
that most people in life

Are seasonal,
and we must learn to let them go amicably,

when it's time,
when the energy is no longer right.
Wish them well and be on our way.


I've come to learn that love isn't a spectrum
it's a colour of varying shade
and intensity,
that we love differently,
and we cannot teach another to love as we do.

I've come to love that I no longer feel the need
to apologize for loving and thinking and feeling as I do
I've come to love that I'm no longer unsettled when my
 views and opinions aren't echoed.


I've come to learn
that
"a real sign of progress is when we no longer
punish ourselves for our imperfections"
-Yung pueblo

I've come to love that "even when I forget
to love myself
some days,
"I keep trying
and that alone is a victory."

I've come to love all I am and slowly and delicately. 
unbecoming all that I am not.

Becoming and unbecoming.

Because growth is never linear.

"Like all journeys
she did not end,she just simply changed directions
and kept going"
-r.m drake.














 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVE FOR THE SUBPLOTS

     Ah! but what is life without that faint yet irresistible and somewhat unexpected taste of cinnamon in what you thought was your ordinary cup of white tea.Life's little perks,hey. I recently watched the season finale of ABC's hit series" How to get away with murder" and i must say I was speechless.Well that's a bit of an overstatement considering i never run out of stuff to say.I'm what people describe as opinionated,'a firecracker' to the classic chauvinist.Regardless,it was nothing short of amazing,but then again what else would one expect given that the show's executive producers were also the ingenious masterminds behind Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. Needless to say(and no,Golly! I haven't been watching Downtown Abbey) the show exuded originality,brilliant casting and writing. But that wasn't why it was such an unforgettable watch.Why i loved it? THE SUBPLOTS(and Viola Davis is freaking awesome). I think the age-old recip

THE F WORD

    Sure you can buy me a drink,    I'm a feminist honey,not an idiot.        Well,aren't you feisty, lady problems?    Yea,the wage gap. The F word .You must be thinking I'm about to unveil my plan for female world domination or go on about the forthcoming extinction of men. I hate to be such a let down, and not live up to the Feminazi image our delightful patriarchal society has created for you. You know the I hate men,                        I don't shave my legs,                        I have an incurable broken heart.                        Marriage is a form of female oppression.                        Flattery disgusts me and I despise any form of femininity that is displayed to make him feel more masculine. And I'm on the streets burning barbie dolls as they are the alters used to preach to little girls the ideology that 'girls are to be seen and not heard' And I discredit every movie where the lead is male even though the justific

LIBERTAS.

I've missed this, I've missed us . It's been a while, I miss our little talks and I should tell you,I'm not at home, Physically. I know,I know I've taught you to read deep into everything I say. I want to tell you, I hope to retire as a travel writer someday God-willing, but you should know that, by now. A travel writer,  and later live in the mountains as some sort of  philosopher who documents on the revelations of enlightenment. In my quieter years. I want to tell you that school is the same, soulless and lifeless and hamsters on a wheel. I know you're reading this and laughing. All the same I'm greatful for the strides. and draw comfort from the knowledge that it is He who orders my steps and my being here is a step in the fulfillment of my personal legacy. Yes,yes.I finally read the Alchemist and it was beautiful. I'm greatful for the strides overly,utterly indebted for the strides and the light bearers