Skip to main content

WARM YELLOWS

It's chilly
and I'm in that mental state where I'm both tired and confused.
It's 5.22pm,
I know
but I sort of never woke up,
Properly.
You know,
Those days.

I should write,
I should have written
I'm starting to accumulate more drafts than posts.
Self-doubt is a thing,I guess.
Inconsistency,procrastination,those are things too.

But,
but also,
You told me to get a life
didn't you?
You told me to stop writing like I've circled the world
and I have everything figured out.


Well I still haven't
But I did get a life
I felt.
I felt a lot of things
The year so far has had me all up in my feelings
Feelings
Crashing in and out of me
like waves at a shore.

This far I've felt both joy and sadness
More than I presume
I've felt my entire life.
But then again,
You'ld be surprised what the human mind can forget.

It's a perfect time to write,
Well perfect maybe isn't the word,
but i'm in the middle of one of those
Stringy T.V series
Stringy.
I like that word.
Like goo
Like thready cheese fibres.
It's stringy.
It's hanging bordering between suspense and boredom,
No,it isn't boring
But it's hanging between suspense and boredom.
Something insane is about to happen
I'm sure,
But nothing has happened,not yet
Not for a while,now anyway.

I guess that's the same way I felt at the beginning of the year.

It's my kind of show,
Stringy and spacy.
Spacy because of the lengthy pauses and the soliloquy
And the dark clouds,eerie silence setting.
And the blessed cinematography.
A sequence of perfect shots.
It makes me feel calm.

It's the perfect time to write,
Oh fuck it,
I couldn't find a better word.

It's 5.34
Post meridian.
There's not much of a sunset 
I guess there's not much of a sunrise either
These days.

I'll tell you about it,
slowly and delicately
I'll try not leave so many thoughts out.

As much as I can remember,
I promise.

I got wonderfully lost
I got blissfully lost.

But I won't spoil it,
I'll roll it out, gently.

A non-factor maybe,
to start of,
like an amusing anecdote
at a diner table
A diner table filled with people
who'll grow to become nothing more than mere acquaintances. 

I'll end with that,
this post,I mean
a non-factor.

I think of you,
When I'm in a furniture store
And they're picking out wallpaper
for the new house
And I imagine picking out wallpaper with you.
And you scoffing at the prints.

I think of you,
At airports,
And I remember how you used to say
That I'd be the one getting us lost,late
or both.
And I imagine getting worked up,
when you ask me to re-check the board.

I think of you
Mid-flight
snuggling up
And you making fun
of the cheesy movie,I picked.

I think of you,
Mid-adventure,
Knowing how much 
you share my appreciation for the unknown.

I think of you 
At the starting scenes
Of my movies
Thinking
How you'd say something between witty and charming and stupid
Draw comparisons
And we'd  pick out the actors and actresses by name.
And be 
The Monarchss of our own little film club.

You're a non-factor
It's a non-issue.
I think of you,sometimes
And no matter how far apart my intervals of thought are
I sure hope it's sunny
Wherever you are.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVE FOR THE SUBPLOTS

     Ah! but what is life without that faint yet irresistible and somewhat unexpected taste of cinnamon in what you thought was your ordinary cup of white tea.Life's little perks,hey. I recently watched the season finale of ABC's hit series" How to get away with murder" and i must say I was speechless.Well that's a bit of an overstatement considering i never run out of stuff to say.I'm what people describe as opinionated,'a firecracker' to the classic chauvinist.Regardless,it was nothing short of amazing,but then again what else would one expect given that the show's executive producers were also the ingenious masterminds behind Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. Needless to say(and no,Golly! I haven't been watching Downtown Abbey) the show exuded originality,brilliant casting and writing. But that wasn't why it was such an unforgettable watch.Why i loved it? THE SUBPLOTS(and Viola Davis is freaking awesome). I think the age-old recip

THE F WORD

    Sure you can buy me a drink,    I'm a feminist honey,not an idiot.        Well,aren't you feisty, lady problems?    Yea,the wage gap. The F word .You must be thinking I'm about to unveil my plan for female world domination or go on about the forthcoming extinction of men. I hate to be such a let down, and not live up to the Feminazi image our delightful patriarchal society has created for you. You know the I hate men,                        I don't shave my legs,                        I have an incurable broken heart.                        Marriage is a form of female oppression.                        Flattery disgusts me and I despise any form of femininity that is displayed to make him feel more masculine. And I'm on the streets burning barbie dolls as they are the alters used to preach to little girls the ideology that 'girls are to be seen and not heard' And I discredit every movie where the lead is male even though the justific

LIBERTAS.

I've missed this, I've missed us . It's been a while, I miss our little talks and I should tell you,I'm not at home, Physically. I know,I know I've taught you to read deep into everything I say. I want to tell you, I hope to retire as a travel writer someday God-willing, but you should know that, by now. A travel writer,  and later live in the mountains as some sort of  philosopher who documents on the revelations of enlightenment. In my quieter years. I want to tell you that school is the same, soulless and lifeless and hamsters on a wheel. I know you're reading this and laughing. All the same I'm greatful for the strides. and draw comfort from the knowledge that it is He who orders my steps and my being here is a step in the fulfillment of my personal legacy. Yes,yes.I finally read the Alchemist and it was beautiful. I'm greatful for the strides overly,utterly indebted for the strides and the light bearers