Skip to main content

CRIMSON AND CLOVER.

The universe has a way of getting me off my ass.
I've been living,
I guess,
inexhaustibly sucking out the marrow of life.
Politely.

I'm here,
I'm here,
A little late,
a little lost
but still as always,
hella festive.

2019.
It's a lot to sum up,
I'm ever and always grateful for the strides,
for the madness, the magic and everything in between.
Time is fluid,
 though,
 Life is a continuum
and Self-improvement is constant.
but I'll spare you the small talk.

See,
Love is one shitty ass ,crazy ass feeling.
I've spent a lot of time 
on me,

Some of which
I've spent
dreaming, visualising, 
of a love that's my own.
To have and to hold.

But ideas are distant,
and ideas are dreamy,
velvety cloths.

And I'm hung on ideas,
hell bent on ideas,
I was gifted and cursed 
with such vivid imagination.
and because of it
I coin my own heartbreak.

I'm not heartbroken,
not technically,
not in the socially acceptable sense of the word.
Things just don't necessarily always align with our ideas,
and that's okay.
We're all about that higher purpose,
right?
right.

I just amuse myself on how I so easily 
slip into daydreams,
for someone who spends her time
being so well put.
or trying to be.

See love isn't logical,
you can't pre-study 
and no matter how well you think you think
you know or understand the subject matter,
you realise you barely understand the lingo.

See love is a language
and it's madness,
and gibberish.

See love has no manuscript,
see love has no rulebooks,
it has guidelines,principles
so to speak
but nothing like a template,
you just trust the universe,

you just trust that
Everything He gives you,
is right for your brand.

And for someone who spends
so much time vesting
in wisdom,
nothing about love is clear cut,
there's no clear cut monochrome pattern,
everything is relative, subjective, 
Dual
because there's no sole-ownership.

See love is a sandstorm
it whips up
unseemingly,quietly
in the corners
of a sultry room
in a sultry conversation
in beautifully well put together grammar,
amongst two unsuspecting wanderers.
Love's a sly fucker.

I curse because I think it makes me sound real.
How pretentious.
*Insert Face-palm emoji.

See for someone who is cripplingly self aware
love has you blind-sided.

Love is a damnation of sorts.
A fixation,
and for all I had made peace with,
within myself
I want to unravel.
Like a young couple redecorating
in prep for a baby.

Love is being flustered,
unsure,questioning,
just like the young couple
wondering if the new arrival
will take to pink or blue or something more neutral
if they'll like the giraffe on the wallpaper
or the little rustic cot 
or they're more into a modern flare.

And there's being yourself,
which I thought I did
I mean,I do
seamlessly,
but there's unearthing, unravelling,
wondering whether it is enough,
whether it is too much or too little
questions you'd thought long answered.
second guessing.
every gesture, every word.


Love has you reopening your wounds,
and questioning your flaws
stuff you didn't think about before.
And you see the need to rebuild, restructure,
you who was so put together.

Because you want to be perfect,
not in a Kardashian/Jenner, teenage girl in the mirror
conformist Calvin Klein underwear model
(note how I neutralised the one sided gender tone)
kind of way
but for you
I want to give the absolute best.
You deserve the world and rainbows and bucket-loads 
of sunshine
and you soon realise that to look besides your own happiness
has a sunny sense of gratification.

We are flawed
and we will love through it,
but I want to be better,
I want to do better
I want to pick up my slack,
to realign my internal floorboards 
so to speak
to patch up those cracks in my walls
I've been meaning to get to.

I know,I know
I know my mantras,
I know,
I'm full grain, fortified whole meal,
And adding goodness still
but you're causing havoc in my control room.
And all systems have had to go back to basics.

See love,
has you questioning your emotions,
and being stunned by your vulnerability,
it has you
you shivering,
because you are so exposed.

Love is quivering,
love has you twitching,
buzzing,
a mixture of adrenaline,
and drugs,
and bed-peace 
and more drugs and a rush.
A riveting,oh- so- good  rush.

But above all else,
love is shitt ass scary,
love is shitt ass terrifying,
and for someone who has drawn so much comfort in solitude
and learnt to have an internal self support system,
the idea of incorporating someone else into this, 
this,
fortified dome of a
micro-universe,
self-sustaining eco-system
is absolutely freaking terrifying.

I think that's why it's lowkey easier
to sing along to love songs unattached
now every freaking lyric
has depth, has context

it's easier
to sing your self-love anthems
to the half-ass lovers
who seek your affection
it's a whole lot simpler
than the real deal.

It's a whole lot easier
than embracing the idea of 
that one freaking person
who's king of the curve ball.

Because love in its purest and finest form
puts in question everything you once knew.
and it has you scared shittless 
and if you thought you were an open book
they've just flung the covers
and you realise
you're a flimsy little girl
and you sound just like one.

And you miss shitt
like the crispy, crinkly feel of their hair
and you can feel their fingers curled in yours
and you can feel them pulling you closer
and you relate to the lovers on screen
and you can now so easily soak up their emotions.
and you keep checking your phone,
and you can freaking hear their laughter,
and you can imagine their response to things.

And it's silly 
and it's everything,
and it's easy and it's hard
and it brings you peace 
and it's distressing.

I'm never like this 
I'm not easily scared,
but I am with you
and that's absolutely terrifying.
and you're not even mine.

But we're crimson and clover,
and the universe has an interesting way
of joining the dots.
Happy 2020.
-I hope you dance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVE FOR THE SUBPLOTS

     Ah! but what is life without that faint yet irresistible and somewhat unexpected taste of cinnamon in what you thought was your ordinary cup of white tea.Life's little perks,hey. I recently watched the season finale of ABC's hit series" How to get away with murder" and i must say I was speechless.Well that's a bit of an overstatement considering i never run out of stuff to say.I'm what people describe as opinionated,'a firecracker' to the classic chauvinist.Regardless,it was nothing short of amazing,but then again what else would one expect given that the show's executive producers were also the ingenious masterminds behind Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. Needless to say(and no,Golly! I haven't been watching Downtown Abbey) the show exuded originality,brilliant casting and writing. But that wasn't why it was such an unforgettable watch.Why i loved it? THE SUBPLOTS(and Viola Davis is freaking awesome). I think the age-old recip

THE F WORD

    Sure you can buy me a drink,    I'm a feminist honey,not an idiot.        Well,aren't you feisty, lady problems?    Yea,the wage gap. The F word .You must be thinking I'm about to unveil my plan for female world domination or go on about the forthcoming extinction of men. I hate to be such a let down, and not live up to the Feminazi image our delightful patriarchal society has created for you. You know the I hate men,                        I don't shave my legs,                        I have an incurable broken heart.                        Marriage is a form of female oppression.                        Flattery disgusts me and I despise any form of femininity that is displayed to make him feel more masculine. And I'm on the streets burning barbie dolls as they are the alters used to preach to little girls the ideology that 'girls are to be seen and not heard' And I discredit every movie where the lead is male even though the justific

LIBERTAS.

I've missed this, I've missed us . It's been a while, I miss our little talks and I should tell you,I'm not at home, Physically. I know,I know I've taught you to read deep into everything I say. I want to tell you, I hope to retire as a travel writer someday God-willing, but you should know that, by now. A travel writer,  and later live in the mountains as some sort of  philosopher who documents on the revelations of enlightenment. In my quieter years. I want to tell you that school is the same, soulless and lifeless and hamsters on a wheel. I know you're reading this and laughing. All the same I'm greatful for the strides. and draw comfort from the knowledge that it is He who orders my steps and my being here is a step in the fulfillment of my personal legacy. Yes,yes.I finally read the Alchemist and it was beautiful. I'm greatful for the strides overly,utterly indebted for the strides and the light bearers